Monday, January 31, 2011

We Survived!!

My husband and I gave ourselves a challenge to not eat out at all in January. We did this more as a financial challenge rather than a nutritional challenge but I think we benefited in both aspects. Not only did I truly have to rely on my meal plan but I wasn't tempted to eat larger restaurant portions or fattening foods.

We only went out to eat once - and it was for my little brother's birthday and my parents paid, so it didn't count :) Plus, I made healthy choices there getting a quinoa salad with grilled chicken on top!

I'm not going to lie, we're not continuing this no-eating-out challenge, in fact we've already planned a few places we're going in February. But, we have decreased our eating out budget for each month of 2011.

What are some ways you can challenge yourself in your eating habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment