Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lean Mean Green Spud

As a coach's wife, I am often left to defend for myself for dinner with late evening practices, weekend meets, etc. I don't like making big meals but I also don't want to just stick with pizza rolls either. Enter the loaded up baked potato....

Tonight I made this beauty....



That, my friends, is a baked potato loaded up with 1/4 cup 2% cheddar cheese, 1 cup fresh spinach, 3/4 cup steamed broccoli, 1 green onion chopped and 2 Tbsp reduced fat sour cream. I top it all off with a little black pepper and garlic powder.

Then I mash it all together and it looks like this....


But the beauty of it all is that this is like taking a multi-vitamin in a single meal. Here's the nutrition stats:

200 calories
4.3 g fat
30.1 g carbohydrate
5.0 g fiber
12.8 g protein

80% Vitamin A, 124% Vitamin C, 21% Calcium, 38% Folate

Not bad, huh?

What are your favorite baked potato toppings?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jody!! Us coaches' wives need to stick together!!

    I am in the same boat a lot of the time--figuring out easy meals for 1 is key! Looks delish! Green food always looks good to me!

    Is your hubs in season right now too?

    ReplyDelete