Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Progress

Post bath hair-do, thank you Daddy!


I've been doing really well with my running lately and I think its because I've turned a new leaf. In past years when I was training for 25k's it was always about getting in xx amount of miles each day, each week, etc. It was always daunting for me because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish the 25k and I would crash and burn on race day.

Now that I've decided that I'm not doing 25ks anymore and focusing on my upcoming 10k my outlook is so much better! I KNOW I can run a 10k - heck my long run last weekend was more than that. I'm running now more for enjoyment, for "me" time and to feel good about myself.

This week I turned a new leaf. I took up morning running.

Might not be a big deal to some of you, but for me its HUGE. I used to hate working out in the morning but with having a kid and fulltime working parents I've decided this is what I have to do to get my running in. And SURPRISE SURPRISE the two AM runs I've had this week (in the dark along country roads and 15 degrees) have been my favorite runs in a long time. Who am I???

In food news I have a couple recipes coming up in the next few days -

Blueberry Muffins, Crockpot WHOLE chicken and homemade chicken broth.

1 comment:

  1. This just made me miss running in the morning! I never can because I have work so early. It is such a peaceful time to run. Even though my music is BLARING to keep me pumped! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete